Monday, November 28, 2011

Balancing Act

Do you ever feel like when do you are doing the thing you love, you go all in, never looking back to see the wake that you are creating? Well, that is kind of how I have felt in ministry lately. Lots of looking forward and pushing to get better and learning how to be the best Youth Pastor me that I can. But, recently I have noticed how this pushing act can wear you out.

As a part of the Youth Ministry Coaching Program that I am currently a part of, I have been searching for answers on how to be a better balanced person. A Better balanced husband, youth pastor, son, friend and so on. I am searching for opportunities that allow me to disconnect from the ministry world and go do something completely different. Yesterday I got my first taste of what this is like when I had the opportunity to go quail hunting for the first time. It was an afternoon filled with gun fire, dog barking, "Bird Up" and Thanksgiving leftovers. But no ministry talk. And it was glorious.

It is this type of balance that I truly will set me up for longevity in the profession and calling that I love. The trick now is finding more opportunities for this freedom, the kind of freedom that makes even better at what I do. So, what else should I consider in my search for balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment