Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Gift

My family has gone through some revamping for the Christmas holiday in regards to how we give gifts. I got involved with the Advent Conspiracy a few years ago and it helped me re-evaluate how I looked at both giving and getting gifts. We used to get everyone in our family a gift (which at six gifts a person is big challenge) and the morning would be filled with unwrapping fun. Well, as a result of AC, we switched over to a lottery system and now pick one name to get a gift for. It is great! I feel like I am able to get one really great gift and also give one really quality gift as well.

This year I picked my little sister, who is a camp director at Kidder Creek Camp, which is a division of Mt. Hermon, and she needed some new gear to help brave the winter. I was gladly able to provide a ponytail beanie (which are surprisingly rare) and a Leatherman Kick, both items which I knew would get good use.

As for me? Well I got the most excited for my new ESV Study Bible that has my name engraved on it...must mean I am a Bible nerd or something...

This Christmas has been great, lots of family, lots of fun and plenty of time to spend with my new wife together on our first Christmas...but more on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment