Friday, January 7, 2011

The Link

I have spent the last few days with several great Youth Ministry minds pondering the idea of Communities of Hope for the National Network of Youth Ministry. There is so much information to work through that it is going to take some time for me to unpack it all, but there were two major themes that kept coming up throughout the summit: 1.)The role of the parent as the first line of Youth Ministry and 2.) The support of the Senior Pastor for the Youth Worker.

These ideas are not new concepts, but we seem to be in a perfect storm at this point in the timeline for these ideas to actually gain some traction and help rework the current state of Youth Ministry.

I am grateful to have a Senior Pastor who loves and supports me in what I do. He doesn't blog. He doesn't have a Facebook. He hasn't written any books (although, I am sure he could). Instead, he focuses on his flock and truly is a shepherd that loves his congregation, all while giving glory to God. I am blessed to be in the position that I am and to have the full support of my Senior Pastor.

I am still working on the parent piece, as I think that there will always be room for us to get better incorporating and equipping our parents in our ministries.

It will be interesting to see where these ideas lead...

No comments:

Post a Comment