Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rally Week

This week in the community that I serve, there are hundreds of students gathering at lunch to hear the Gospel. It is all student organized and led, and it is pretty amazing. I have had the opportunity to speak at one such gathering already this week, worshiped on a campus today and look forward to another time to be used to bring the word again tomorrow. I am in awe of how this has all gone. Today, it was reported that over 50 students at one of the local high schools came forward because they wanted to turn over their life. That is a staggering numbers for those of us who are not Greg Laurie, Luis Palau or Billy Graham. Over 70 this week, throughout the school community, have said that they wanted to turn their life to Christ. What a great God we serve indeed.

I am excited and energized by news like this. I can only imagine what the conversations, relationships and other opportunities that the students who are organizing these rallies will have in the coming weeks with their peers. And it is movements like this that remind me that I love my job and my calling. But most of all, it reminds me that I am a vessel, a tool to be used and I can only hope and pray that I will continue to be blessed in order to keep being a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment